Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
(To do this, go to “notes” on the bottom left of your profile page, click “see all” and then “write a new note”. Notes can also be found under the triangle drop down button located in the menu bar above where you update your status. Then paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people [in the right hand corner of the app] then click publish.)
01. I just learned how to use the Notes application in Facebook. Kinda cool.
02. Staying organised is almost a compulsion for me. Think of the guy spinning plates on tops of sticks – only all plates are numbered, and the sticks are colour coded. Does that make me anal?
03. Classical music is my favourite. Followed by classic rock, jazz, blues, and country. But classical is my fav.
04. I’m Canadian – born and bred. Living in Toronto, Ontario.
05. Hiking is my favourite sport. Is that a sport? How about recreational pasttime.
06. I read more than I eat. And I eat a lot.
07. I’m single. Maybe I should stop eating my dates’ dinner.
08. Two languages comprise my linguistic skills – English and French. A little Spanish – just enough to find the washroom.
09. I sing. Sometimes well. Mostly alone in the woods while I”m hiking – scares the bears.
10. Pretty good at science. Like doing math, and organic chemistry makes me giggle.
11. I knit. Not a lot, but my grandma taught me how.
12. The best thing is to find someone interesting and listen to them talk. It’s kind of a narrow-focus sort of people watching.
13. No pets. No family. Just my friends, and a trainload of energy. It works for me.
14. Writing fills most of my days. It’s fun, pays the bills, and I get to learn all kinds of new thing2nd s.
15. Next to any kind of shorts, blue jeans are my favourite pants.
16. Cycling and Swimming come close to hiking for recreation. Makes me think of swimming at the Marriott in Delray. Those Florida folks have it good. My igloo’s frozen shut again.
17. Animals and little children love me. Dont’ know why – but it’s cool.
18. I just finished my fourth book. Writing it, I mean.
19. I’m a carpenter. Almost forgot about that. It’s been my pleasure to build everything from houses, to condo towers, and a hospital. (Not alone, of course.)
20. Teaching has been a big part of my life. From teaching First Aid & CPR for St. John Ambulance to teaching Construction Estimating at George Brown College. I’ve taught driver’s education, english as a second language, data processing and all kinds of work-related teaching.
21. My favourite colour is blue.
22. Live theatre and music are amazing. Toronto has a great theatre district, and I will always remember seeing the Kodo Drummers. I even got their autographs – very rare – and in Japanese because they don’t know English.
23. I like being up at 4:30 every day – sleep in on Sunday’s though. The world is always so quiet and peaceful early in the morning.
24. I can cook almost everything. Can’t do pastry – my hands are too hot. Just as well since I’d be inclined to eat it, too. My favourite cookbook is More With Less (a Mennonite cookbook).
25. The horse is my favourite animal. My Aunt Geri and Uncle Harold raised standard bred horses. All the important stuff I learned about life came from being on the farm.